Areas of Specialization
- Business Strategy & CEO Advisory Services
- Leadership Consulting
- High-Performance Business & Leadership Retreats
- Organizational Development and Performance Consulting
- Succession Planning
- Keynote Speaking
- Talent Acquisition
Kara Jorvig is the founder and CEO of Allegro Group, a premier consulting, organizational development and talent acquisition firm. For nearly 20 years, she has partnered with CEOs and executive teams to help them assemble, activate and accelerate their A-Teams.
Allegro means to play at a pace, and Kara and her team lead and live with that definition at their core. She delivers high-energy workshops, keynotes and consulting sessions that challenge and inspire leaders to reach for new levels of success. Kara is a human capital expert who can unlock an organization’s potential to scale. In her consulting and performance coaching work, she delivers changes of pace and perspective that results in growth.
- Since 2003, Kara has focused on growing businesses through the leaders she places and advises. She has personally led and completed hundreds of searches ranging from mid-level managers to CEO’s. Kara has built Allegro Group to be a premier provider of advisory and talent acquisition services to companies throughout the United States.
- Kara graduated from Concordia College with a B.A. in Organizational Communication; English Writing. During her senior year, she was selected for a highly competitive internship with Microsoft’s recruiting team, which led to her passion for evaluating talent for highly selective organizations. After college, Kara was quickly absorbed by a corporate retailer to work in their evolving management trainee program.
- In 2003, Kara went to work for one of the region’s largest staffing firms. She progressed through the ranks of a staffing associate to senior recruiter and manager of a professional placement team. Kara also grew her business and leadership skills as she built a consulting division focused on small- to mid-sized businesses needing guidance on hiring, organizational culture and communication issues. She worked hard as a top producer and was named a top “40 under 40” business professional by Prairie Business Magazine and chaired the Young Professionals Network in 2011-2012.
- In 2013, Kara continued to hone her corporate management skills when she became Director of Human Resources & Inventory Control for a retailer with 15 locations and 200+ employees in the tri-state region. She used her connections and skills to expand the corporate team with top industry professionals. She oversaw numerous special projects including HR process improvements, company benefit restructuring and a significant technology upgrade. Kara reached many professional goals, but her entrepreneurial spirit continued to grow.
- In 2015, Kara decided to open a consulting and talent acquisition firm that reached beyond the approach and quality to which regional corporations had become accustomed. She recognized that she was most passionate about helping businesses achieve their absolute best through developing and hiring extraordinary talent.
- Today, Allegro Group works with growth-minded companies and leaders that have a genuine motivation for advancement and Kara has been named one of the top 25 women in business in ND, MN and SD.
- Kara is passionate about encouraging others to reach their full potential. In addition to leading Allegro Group, she conducts high-performance business and leadership retreats throughout the nation and gives keynote addresses on the subjects of leadership and business strategy.
Kara lives in Fargo with her husband, Brian, and daughters, Kiah and Anika. She enjoys summers at the lake, cooking, running and wake surfing.